Lemon and Herb Chicken from “Nandos Restaurant”….. Just to promote our favourite chicken barbeque restaurant here in NZ. I am happy to share you once again this chicken barbeque recipe. It is my version of “Nandos” Lemon and Herb Chicken. It is a combination of lemon and chillies and different herbs. (Hey nandos, you might want to give me some food voucher for this free ads, hahaha LOL) Yumm!!!!! Who can say no to barbeque, well I cant!!! Must try!
- 1 kilo chicken wings (on stick)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp mix herb of thyme, marjoram and rosemary
- juice from 3 pcs of lemon
- some chillies, chopped and depends how hot and spicy you want.
- 1/2 cup banana ketsup.
- In a container with cover, combine all ingredients together and rubbed the chicken. Marinate for a minimum of two hours or better overnight.
- Best grilled using charcoal or simply in oven.
If you like hot & spicy and chillies, definitely you will try this recipe…similar to nando’s periperi chicken, it is marinated with lots of fresh chilli peppers, dried chillies, mix herbs, lemon and complimented by a garlic & paprika chilli rice…wheewww!!! ready your cold beer or water, because this meal will definitely heat you up this winter…..
Did you know that chillies are leading source of vitamin C. They are not usually eaten in large quantities but the more you eat, the healthier you go…there are studies that chillies acts as an anticoagulant and thus may help prevent heart attacks…
In the plate….
- 2 pcs chicken drumsticks (marinated & grilled)
- Paprika rice
Marination: (serves 4-5 persons)
- 8-10 pcs chicken drumsticks
- 8-10 pcs of fresh chopped chillies
- 2 tbsp dried chillies
- little soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp mix herbs
- salt & pepper
*marinate 2-3 hours then grilled in oven for 35-45 minutes at 180 degrees celcius.. flip every 10 minutes. brush with the remaining sauce constantly.
Paprika rice (serves 4-5 persons)
- 2-3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp parpika powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 5 cups cooked rice
* heat little oil in a pan, saute garlic . puor in cooked rice, dash with paprika and seasoned with salt & pepper
enjoy your meal…..ready your cold beer!!!!