How spicy can you go?? .. . . Peri peri chicken, one of our favorite!!! It is a hot and spicy chicken recipe, Peri Peri chicken is a speciality of the Nando’s restaurants. It’s a home made Peri Peri sauce that use several kinds chillies, chile powder and other ingredients. I think almost every week we go to nandos restaurant to eat this meal(Hey, nandos, you need to pay me for advertising your restaurant free!! hehehe)……..Did you know that the more chillies you eat, the more healthier you go…Because chillies are also good in other antioxidants like vitamin A, and flavonoids like beta carotene, alpha carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, and cryptoxanthins. These antioxidant substances in capsicum helps to protect body from injurious effects of free radicals generated during stress, diseases conditions.
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 12 pcs chicken nibbles or wings
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Peri-Peri Sauce (see recipe below)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp paprika
- In a container add butter, Peri Peri sauce, lemon juice, garlic and paprika. mix well then add chicken and rub evenly.
- Marinade for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- You can use charcoal grill or grill in the oven. Brush with the remaining sauce every 5 minutes
- Best with a chips or java rice
Peri Peri sauce recipe
- 8 fresh hot chilli peppers (jalapeno), chopped
- 1 medium capsicum chopped
- 8 Tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup olive oil (or more to achieve desired consistency)
- 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper or red pepper (adjust quantity to taste)
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and adjust your taste with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight
- Keep in a container and may last to one week. keep it fridge.