Ginataang Isda……………This is one of my wife’s favourite fish dish. Its a fish dish made with coconut milk with some spices individually wrap on mustard greens leaves to keep and hold the fish flavour until you opened it. The taste would go for a little sour, salty and a bit of spicy as it is perfectly combined with vinegar and some chillies. To be honest, I am not a fan of coconut dishes, but the moment I tasted this simple dish, it is now one of my favourite meal as well………………………..Did you know that mustard greens provide a wide mixture of benefits, as an antioxidant, they contribute to lower risks for cancer and other degenerative diseases. Also, mustard greens are excellent at regulating your gastrointestinal tract. They can help to cure and prevent diarrhea and generally will aid you in staying regular. Mustard greens are good for your skin and hair, helping you to keep healthy skin and shiny, lustrous, strong hair. Additionally, they can be part of a wholesome diet that is designed to help you manage your weight. Mustard greens are low in calories and can therefore be consumed without fear of gaining weight………………..
Ingredients: serves 3-4 persons
- 1 whole fish preferably eel(sliced in serving size)
- 1 bunch mustard greens
- 3 green chillies
- 1 thumb size crushed ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium sliced onions
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Individually wrap each fish in leaves of mustard greens (this is to avoid the fish to be broke)
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, ginger and onion then add in coconut milk, water and salt and pepper
- place fish and boil for 5 minutes. then add the remaining mustard greens and the rest of the ingredients.
- simmer for another minute.