The best way to recycle your fried fish or leftover from fish n chips is to cook the “sarciado way”. Back home, me and my wife use to run a small cafeteria or what we called small canteen business. The place had a nice location as it is in front of a school. The turnover was very good until we experience school holiday season. Since 80 percent of our customers are student, the business in school holiday is too bad and not really busy. One of the food we can recycle is this dish. What we do is to cook the sauce and top it to left over fried fish…………………………….. Did you know that sarciadong isda recipe is mainly made with tomatoes and eggs. This two main ingredients like for instance the tomatoes are very rich in lycopene content. Lycopene also shows benefit for the blood vessels around the heart, demonstrating protection to the blood vessels in the neck This isn’t much of a surprise since lycopene is regarded as a powerful antioxidant. Higher levels of lycopene have also shown protection against heart attack . Eggs meanwhile are a very good source of protein. I think everyone knows that we need protein everyday, to help build strong bones, muscles and teeth.
Ingredients: serves 2-3 persons
- Left over Fried fish
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large tomatoes cubed
- 1 small onion cubes
- salt and pepper
- 2 pcs fresh eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in fresh tomatoes and water. let it simmer for a minute. then stir in egg and drop fried fish. boil for a minute and serve in hot!!
I always tell my wife, no matter how simple our dinner is, I will post it to my blog. This sounds very familiar to filipino dining tables because its one of the most common fried dish paired with eggplant and accompanied by a mouth-watering bagoong(Philippines anchovies). Believe me, if this menu is on our table, it will be a war of food vs. mankind.(LOL)……………….Did you know that eggplant is a rich source of phenolic compounds – an antioxidant that can help prevent cancer, cholesterol build-up and bacterial and viral infection. Eggplant also has a high fiber content which can prevent constipation, hemorrhoids, and colitis.They are also naturally low in calories and has no fat……
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 500 gms fish (any fish will do)
- 1 pc eggplant sliced
- 2 bunch bok choy ( steamed)
- oil for frying
- 1 small white onions chopped
- 3 red chillies optional
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp Philippines anchovies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pc tomato quartered
- In a pan, heat oil and fry eggplant, no need to season. set aside
- In the same pan, fry fish until crispy on both side. set aside
- In a small pan, heat a little oil and saute garlic and onions, add in tomatoes and anchovies. simmer for a minute then add water. boil for 2 minutes and its done.
- Enjoy! dip the veggies and fish in the anchovies dipping sauce.