Just want to share the latest menu here. Its a simple claasic italian style vegetarian galettes. It is made from our homemade tomato sauce, mozzarella, and any vegetables you may wish to add. I did some roasted tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onions and toasted with basil pesto and some black olives. Yummmm….
Crab n corn chowder…..the recipe is great for banquets and catering. I remember when I was working in banquets, this soup is quite popular on our set menu’s list. almost every functions, we had this soup….Did you know that crab meat contains omega-3 fatty acids, which help lower blood pressure and thus reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. In addition, omega-3 fatty acids are known to lower triglycerides, increase the supply of HDL or good cholesterol, prevent blood clotting and strengthen resistance to infections
Ingredients(serves 8-10 persons)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onions
- 1 stalk celery
- 6-8 pcs of crabmeat processed (cut in dice and leave 2 pcs for garnishing-cut strips)
- 2 pcs crab / or crab claws (to add that exquisite flavor)
- 2 cups of mixed veggies(more in corn, carrots, peas)
- 1.5 liter of water
- 1 cup flour dissolve in 1 cup water
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp grated cheese
- drizzle of olive oil
- a bunch of smile while cooking!!!!
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic onion and celery for 2-3 minutes. add in crab claws or whole crab and stir for another 3-4 minutes. add in crab meat processed, veggies and water. bring to boil then add cream & flour. seasoned with salt & pepper and mixed herbs.
- Add cheese and drizzle with olive oil before serving!!
- Best with garlic bread…
This is the recipe I created when I had a trial on the spot cooking interview at restaurant in takapuna, auckland…I was really surprise and did not expect a cooking on an interview…The chef wants a chicken meal that is something healthy. This is the first thing that come in my mind, I need to have a meal with veggies….the outcome is, the chef loves it. I was hired on the spot! but due to some personal reason, I did not pursue with my application….Did you know that Mushrooms are the only vegetable and the second known source (after cod liver oil) to contain vitamin-D in edible form. They are rich in calcium (good for bones), iron(benefits in anemia), potassium(very good for lowering blood pressure), copper (anti bacterial) and selenium (very good for health of bones, teeth, nails, hair and as an anti oxidant).
Ingredients: good for one serving
- olive oil
- 1 medium onions
- 80-100 gms chicken fillet (cut in bite size)
- 30-40 gms chicken liver
- salt & pepper
- italian red wine vinegar
- 4-5 pcs dried mushrooms (soaked in 2 tbsp red wine vinegar & mix herbs & 1/2 cup water)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2-3 pcs baby potatoes (boiled half tender)
- 1/2 pc small carrots
- in a pan, heat olive oil & saute onions, chicken & liver for at least 2 minutes, add in carrots & potatoes.
- add in mushrooms and its juice. seasoned with soy sauce & salt pepper. reduce until sauce is thickened.