Kamto….If you havent heard about this recipe, it’s a common dish in pares mami house. It is very similar to nilagang baka (beef soup) with the absence of some ingredients. The soup is made with boiled beef brisket, onions, ginger and star anise. you can add your favourite green leafy vegetables if you want. This is the soup base for almost all mami they serve. Like for instance, You can create a beef brisktet with egg noodle soup in an instant by adding this soup stock……………..Did you know that beef is the best source of zinc, which is helpful for preventing the damage to blood vessel walls, which can contribute to atherosclerosis and is also needed for the proper functioning of immune system. Beef is also rich in phosphorous and iron. Phosphorous is necessary for strong teeth and bones and Iron helps carry oxygen in the blood, to all cells and muscles and prevents fatigue.
Ingredients: serves 3-4 persons
- 1.5 liter water
- 1 kilo beef brisket
- 3 pcs star anise
- 1 thumb size crushed ginger
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 stalk of celery (do not cut)
- 2 pcs potato quartered
- 1 bunch bok choy or petsay
- In a large sauce pan, pour in water and boil beef and seasoned with peppercorns, star anise, ginger and salt. Bring to boil and cook for 45 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Place potato and cook for 10 minutes. then before serving, add in petsay or bokchoy and adjust taste by adding fish sauce. remove celery before serving
- Serve hot!!