Lemon and Herb Chicken from “Nandos Restaurant”….. Just to promote our favourite chicken barbeque restaurant here in NZ. I am happy to share you once again this chicken barbeque recipe. It is my version of “Nandos” Lemon and Herb Chicken. It is a combination of lemon and chillies and different herbs. (Hey nandos, you might want to give me some food voucher for this free ads, hahaha LOL) Yumm!!!!! Who can say no to barbeque, well I cant!!! Must try!
- 1 kilo chicken wings (on stick)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp mix herb of thyme, marjoram and rosemary
- juice from 3 pcs of lemon
- some chillies, chopped and depends how hot and spicy you want.
- 1/2 cup banana ketsup.
- In a container with cover, combine all ingredients together and rubbed the chicken. Marinate for a minimum of two hours or better overnight.
- Best grilled using charcoal or simply in oven.
Banquet style……..I worked before in a very busy banquet kitchen where every single meat such as chicken, pork and even fish are fried. Maybe because the restaurant is the number one eat all you can buffet during our time. The fry station is composed of fried chicken of different parts, fried chicken(bone in)with flour coating and fried chicken fillet with coating. Same with pork, fried pork with coating and without coating. As it is very busy, the head chefs just prepare the sauces and toss-up with this fried meats. So, in an instant, approx of less than 5 minutes, you will have this dish. by the way, this dish is and its taste like is a creamy, buttery, salt and sour chicken ……………………Did you know that the ingredient I used to make this dish sour is lemon? and lemon help relieves a headache after a hefty night out or headache cause of lack of sleep. Sometimes you feel you don’t want to get up in bed. But how if you have an important appointment you simply can’t cancel? Try this, make a very strong cup of coffee and add the juice of half a lemon. Drink this mixture. That should help. If you are more of a tea person, you need to add three tablespoons of lemon to your tea. ……Before going to bed after having a couple of drinks too many it is a good idea to drink a glass of water with lemon juice. The lemon is rich with vitamin C which will help decrease the alcohol content in your liver.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 persons
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup water
Chicken bread mix
- 500 gms chicken meat (cut into bite size)
- flour for breading
- 1 pc egg
- salt & pepper
- oil for frying
* coat chicken meat with flour then dip to egg then dip to flour again, fry until golden brown.
- In a pan, heat butter and place garlic and saute until garlic are light brown. add in soy sauce, water and lemon juice. then seasoned with salt and pepper. Then add in fried chicken bites and tossed with the sauce.
- Serve hot