Are you still there? This is the 2nd recipe and part of our 7 course dinner with my friend. Since we are in New Zealand, I decided to have a Baked Mussels with triple cheese and greens. I remember when I was in the Philippines, New Zealand Mussels are one of the most expensive items in the frozen stuffs at the supermarket. but here, Since I am in New Zealand, it is one of the most affordable dish to have. T make it my mussels a little bit elegant, I place triple cheese combinations such as parmesan, cheddar and mozzarella cheese and the traditional butter and garlic flavor. I just made 14 pcs, just enough for us. So it means there is no room for mistake for this appetizer. This photo was taken by the “master of food blogging”…………………..Did you know that mussels are excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, and iodine. Omega-3 are the ‘good oils’ that are beneficial for the heart by helping lower cholesterol. Omega-3 also has anti-inflammatory properties. Selenium is an anti-oxidant compound that fights free radicals in the blood stream. Iodine is essential for natural production of thyroid hormones that contribute to basic metabolism as well as helping your body to efficiently burn calories.
Ingredients: Serves 7 persons
- 14 pcs mussels (boiled and shells are open and cleaned)
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese, mozzarella and cheddar cheese (mix together)
- salt and pepper
- slices of lettuce greens
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- In a non-stick pan, heat butter and place garlic. add in mussels and season with salt and pepper. set aside
- In a plate of bread crumbs, roll over mussels and place on shells. then pour cheese on top
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees celsius and bake mussels at 5 minutes or until cheese are melts.
- Garnish with salad greens upon serving.