Beef Flank with Egg Noodle Soup
Beef flank with egg noodle soup…, everytime we go to hongkong-chinese restaurant, this is one of our favorite item on the menu. It’s a huge serving of noodle soup that can be enough for two people.(I think almost saturday after church we go there and order this)….Did you know that beef is a good source of zinc, which is helpful for preventing the damage to blood vessel walls, which can contribute to atherosclerosis and is also needed for the proper functioning of immune system…and egg noodles are rich in iron, calcium and vit.A..
Ingredients per bowl:
- 80 gms egg noodles
- 120 gms cooked beef brisket with carrots
- 2 pcs of bok choy leaves
- approx 1 1/2 cup of beef soup stock
- toasted garlic
Ingredients for Beef Brisket: serves 6-8 persons
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium onions (sliced)
- 1 kl beef brisket (cut in bite size)
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup kikoman / soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red bean curd
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 pcs cinnamon bars (wrapped in a tea bag)
- 5 pcs star anise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 2 pcs carrots (sliced bite size)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- slices of onion leeks for toppings
- In a large sauce pan, bring to boil beef, water, celery, star anise, cinnamon bars & onions for 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
- In a separate pan, saute garlic, hoisin sauce, red bean curd, carrots and seasoned with salt & pepper, kikoman, sugar.
- remove cinnamon bars and add in your sautéed ingredients. Boil for another 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- You can serve in a bowl of steamed rice or topped to egg noodle soup and garnish with onion leeks.
Beef and Seafood Noodle Soup
This dish is made by accident . . My friend(victor) visited me on my day-off, instead of offering a cup of coffee, I realized that it is getting lunch time and the weather is going colder. Lucky I was preparing a Beef stew so I have a beef stock and some instant seafood mix in my fridge. I think no matter how simple the dish you prepared as long as you make it with well and byheart, it will taste really good. try this…..Did you know tha beef broth is an essential ingredient in many recipes, like classic onion soup, beef noodles, beef hot pots and it is full of natural and healthy ingredients. and Beef in particular is rich in phosphorous and iron. Phosphorous is necessary for strong teeth and bones and Iron helps carry oxygen in the blood, to all cells and muscles and prevents fatigue….
Ingredients:( makes 4-6 bowls)
- 250 gms beef with bones
- 1 liter of water
- 1 medium onion
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 tbsp ginger crushed
- sat & pepper
- (if you have-peel of carrots, peel of potatoes – washed)
In a bowl:
- 50 grams egg noodles
- 3-4 pcs intant seafood mix
- 2-3 pcs beef chunks
- 1 pc bok choy
- soup stock
- In a large sauce pan, – combine all ingredients to make a beef broth, let it boil using low heat for a minimum of 2 hours.
- assemble your “bowl” ingredients and pour in hot beef stock, you can also serve it with boiled egg….