pies….just playing with the layers of spinach in this pie, it is a simple pie made with traditional and all time favorite spinach and feta combination plus a herb roasted mushroom and bacon topping. You can never
Be wrong with this recipe, so simple tet very satisfing taste. Must try!!!!
Ingredients: makes 6 – 8 pies
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 18 pcs button mushrooms (cut in half)
- 5 pcs streaky bacon (cooked)
- 12 pcs fresh spinach leaves
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- salt and pepper
- mix dried herbs (marjoram and thyme)
- fresh chopped parsley
- Savoury pastry sheets approx 2 pcs 12 x 12
- grated cheese for topping
- In a muffin pan, spray oil and mold pastry sheets using a standard saucer. you can make pie molding of 6 or even 8 pcs on 2 pcs of 12×12 savoury pastry. Place and tear spinach leaves approc 1.5 pcs each molding. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk and cream and seasoned with salt and pepper and little herbs. Mix well. Pour in to pie molding about 3/4 full. Bake in 160 degrees at 20 minutes. Let it cool then Set aside
- heat a wide pan seared or pan roast mushroom and seasoned with salt and pepper and little herbs.
- Then assemble mushroom and bacon to pie molding topped with cheese. Bring to oven for same degrees allowing the cheese to melt for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite coffee or tea.