Fettuccine Carbonara………A truly classic recipe! Back home, this is the first pasta I have ever known. I did not know that it will be as easy to prepare as it only needs bacon, cream, egg and salt and pepper. some doesn’t even have cream. So, come in new zealand, I dont have this confident to bring this in our restaurant as it is very easy recipe that i am afraid no customer will appreciate and order this recipe. But my opinion was wrong, When I introduce it from the first day, it was a super blockbuster!!!! Well to make a little twist and non-traditional, i drizzle my carbonara with pesto sauce. just imagine, white creamy sauce blending with pesto-herbs sauce! yummm!!!!…………………Did you know that pesto sauce main ingredients is basil leaves? and basil leaves are Basil is also known to have extremely powerful antioxidant properties, especially when it is used in the form of an extract or oil. The natural antioxidants found in basil can protect the body against damage from free radicals, thereby preventing cellular aging, common skin ailments, and even most forms of cancer. Antioxidants are an important part of maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle, and basil may be a safe and effective source of these potent, life-giving compounds.
30 gms butter
120 grams cooked egg fettuccine noodles
1 pc egg
3 pcs streaky bacon (chopped and bit toasted)
50 ml cream
salt and pepper
drizzle with pesto sauce
in a teflon pan, pour in butter and bacon bits, add in egg fettuccine and pour in cream and seasoned with salt and pepper. simmer until its hot. drop in egg and remove from heat. drizzle with pesto and topped with parmesan cheese and garlic bread. serve hot!
Finally, where in the main course. For recap for those who just tuned in, This is the main dish of our 7 course meal. And this entree’s will be our 5th meal of the night. Starting from canape, appetizer, soup and salad. We still ave that big appetite. Yes, We are very big now! (LOL). I choose a steak to accompany my pesto al dente pasta. And my steak is just flat in taste, I just seasoned it with salt and pepper. I love my steak to be like this way. I also like my steak cooked in medium done To complement the steak I paired it with a plain spaghetti al dente with pesto sauce. So, you can just imagine the flavour of herbs and the steak exploding on your mouth every single bite.. how about you? what do you want to pair with your steak?. Please stay with next week as we will continue with the dessert………………Did you know that pesto I used here is made with basil leaves and olive oil. I already featured the basil leaves, so we will go on with the olive oil. Olive oil is rich in antioxidants, especially vitamin E, long thought to minimize cancer risk. Among plant oils, olive oil is the highest in monounsaturated fat, which doesn’t oxidize in the body, and it’s low in polyunsaturated fat, the kind that does oxidized. Some recent studies also indicate that regular consumption of olive oil can help decrease both systolic and diastolic blood pressure. It has also been demonstrated that a diet that is rich in olive oil, low in saturated fats, moderately rich in carbohydrates and soluble fiber from fruit, vegetables, pulses and grains is the most effective approach for diabetics. It helps lower “bad” low-density lipoproteins while improving blood sugar control and enhances insulin sensitivity. Lastly, although olive oil is high in calories, olive oil has shown to help reduce levels of obesity.
Ingredients: good for 7 persons
- 7 pcs of T-bone steak seasoned with salt and pepper and grilled your way
- 500 gms of cooked pasta
- pesto sauce
- parmesan cheese
- In a large non-stick pan, tossed cooked pasta with 1/2 cup of pesto sauce.
- 1 bunch of basil leaves (approx 200 grams)
- 2 cups olive oil
- 4 pcs chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients together and transfer in a clean container preferably a bottler or a ketsup dispenser. Use for pasta or for garnishing.
pasta…………..Most of the time, I always have a ready cooked noodles in my fridge. As I always wanted to cook pasta as our dinner. It is one of the easiest and quickest way to have a very good dinner. Once you have a ready cooked noodles. less than 10 minutes you can have a great pasta like this. It is a simple bacon and mushroom just seasoned with salt and pepper and dressed with a heavy cream and parmesan cheese. ………………….Did you know that mushrooms are very effective in preventing cancer of breast and prostrate due to presence of Beta-Glucans and conjugated Linoleic Acid having anti carcinogenic effects. Out of these two, linoleic acid is particularly helpful in suppressing effects of estrogen. This estrogen is the prime reason for breast cancer in women after menopause. The Beta-Glucans, on the other hand, inhibit growth of cancerous cells in cases of prostrate cancer. Selenium in mushrooms is very effective in inhibiting cancerous cells.
Ingredients: good for sharing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium sliced onions
- 200 gms cooked spaghetti noodles
- 4 strips bacon
- 3 pcs mushroom slices(soak in water for 5 minutes)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 pc egg
- chopped parsley optional
- In a non-stick teflon pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion, add in bacon and mushroom then seasoned with salt and pepper
- Add in pasta and continue stirring for a minute. then add the rest of the ingredients
- Great to come with a toast garlic bread
….was a favorite dish back in the Philippines… Originally, me and my boss created a gourmet tuyo pasta, then we tried tinapa (smoke herring fish)…and then this recipe – Pasta Sardines…It’s a mackerel sardines cooked with onions, parsley & some spices. . …… Did you know that mackerel and sardines can make your blood fresh and thinner, prevent heart attacks, and are also thousand times better than medicines? Mackerel is known as a very healthy fish and regular consumption is very good for overall health. It is famous for the heart health benefits it provides and also, known for making the blood clean and fresh. Mackerel is rich in protein and also with some other minerals such as calcium, phosphorous, potassium, selenium and magnesium. Vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Niacin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Choline and Folate can be found in mackerel fish. It’s a good source of Omega-3 fatty acid and some amount of Omega-6 fatty acids. Mackerel also contains monounsaturated fats…..Well, let’s start eating mackerel and sardines every day instead of beef and pork. . .
Ingredients: (good for sharing)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp minced celery
- 1/2 pc minced fresh tomato
- 1 medium chopped onions
- 150 grams cooked spaghetti noodles
- 1 can 220 gms sardines in tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- dash of paprika
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- In a teflon pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in celery and tomato and sardines. simmer for a minute.
- add in rest of the ingredients and topped with fresh chopped parsley and sour cream.
- serve with garlic bread.
This is the latest dish I created in our Cafe…It turns out to be my boss favorite meal. It is a grilled chicken spiced with cajun seasoning served with a salsa and spaghetti tomato based noodles…Did you know that cajun seasoning is mainly composed of cayenne pepper. Cayenne is known for its thousand of health benefits. It is great for the stomach and the intestinal tract. It stimulates the peristaltic motion of the intestines and aids in assimilation and elimination. . . Some reserach says it can do everything from kills cancer cells in the prostate, lungs, and pancreas to immediately stop a heart attack within 30 seconds. “A teaspoon of cayenne could bring the patient out of the heart attack.” . . .
Ingredients (good for sharing)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp minced onions
- red & green capsicum
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 150 gms spaghetti noodles
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- dash of marjoram & thyme
- chopped fresh parsley
– In a teflon pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions. add in the rest of ingredients and set aside
- 150 grams chicken breast (seasoned with cajun & sat & pepper)
– heat a little oil in a grill pan…seared chicken for 5-8 minutes until brown.
Salsa Fresca: (makes 6-8 servings)
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 medium green capsicum
- 1 medium red capsicum
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium onions
- 1 stalk coriander
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of salt & pepper
– in a container, mix all ingredients together, let it chilled for 30 minutes or overnight, cover and keep in fridge will last 2-3 days.
– using your imagination, plate nicely in a 12 inches round plate. serve with garlic bread
Bacon and broccoli pasta….this pasta is made in a creamy white sauce perfectly combined with broccoli. I remember I created this dish 5 or 6 years ago as a special dish for the month. now, its back, from philippines to new zealand, ….A new arrival in my present work place…
Did you know that broccoli is not only rich in disease-fighting vitamin C, it also contains beta carotene, sulphoraphane and indoles – which protects or slow the growth of some types of cancer…hmmmm, I think we better start eating broccoli now….
Prep time:6-8 minutes / cooking time 5-6 minutes / 1 serving good for sharing
in the plate:
- 3 tbsp butter(approx 40gms)
- 1 clove garlic(minced)
- 1/2 med onion(minced)
- 2 strips bacon(strips)
- 60-80 gms broccoli
- 150 gms spagettini noodles(cooked)
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 30 ml water
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pc egg
- parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
- In a teflon pan, melt butter (but do not brown) saute garlic, onion & bacon. cooked until bacon is a little crispy.
- add in broccoli and noodles. simmer for 2 minutes. add cream & water then seasoned with salt/pepper & mix herbs.
- add in egg and remove in fire(we dont want the egg to be scrambled). place in a warm plate and sprinkle with parmesan cheese & fresh parsley before serving.
Best with pizza, garlic bread or even roast meals… enjoy!!!
Pasta marinara…”If I will call this as a movie, it would be a TITANIC”… This was the all time favorite pasta in most Cafe I have worked with. And because it was very popular, I made a variety of marinara, these are, creamy marinara, pesto marinara, seafood trio pasta plus they can even choose their own noodles such as penne, angel hair, spaghetti, fettuccine and etc…
Did you know that seafoods is an excellent source of many important minerals, including iodine, zinc, potassium and phosphorus. It is also rich in many vitamins, especially the B group. Seafood is also good source of flourine, which in addition, well known role in keeping teeth healthy and help calcium loss from our bones.
Prep time 10 min / Cooking time 8-10 minutes / 1 serving good for sharing
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 pc small onions chopped
1/4 of red & green bell pepper
1 med tomato (quartered)
100 grams of mixed seafoods (shrimp, fish, squid & crab meat)
150 gms cooked noodles (your choice of spaghetti, penne or fettuccine)
1/c of tomato sauce
1 tsp mix herbs
salt & pepper to taste
* you can add black olives as optional ingredient
* In a teflon pan, heat olive oil, saute garlic and onion and add bell peppers, tomato & mix seafood. Cooked for 2-3 minutes. then add noodles, tomato sauce, herbs & seasones with salt & pepper. place on a warm plate then sprinkle parmesan & parsley before serving.
To cook noodles:
in a sauce pan of boiling water, add a little salt and cooking oil. pour in noodles and cooked for about 5-7 minutes or until aldente.
Best with toast garlic bread, pizza or even roast meals…Enjoy
Hello everyone!!!..I am very excited to post this recipe, Do you know why? Coz I made this trial recipe in my work place. and my BOSS tasted it…I was very surprise when they told me that…” It so yummy, Our customers will definetly like this..We need to calculate the cost and launch it as CHEF’s SPECIAL for next week”…I am so flattered… Anyways, Did you know that CAPSICUMS are superb source of vitamin C. This are relatives of chillies that contains flavonoids. which seems to fight cancer in several different ways…these are healthy add-ons on your everyday diet.
the recipe is as follows:
Prep time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 8-10 minutes, Single serving
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 med onions(chopped)
- 1 small tomato(quartered)
- 1/4 each of medium red and green capsicum(big diced)
- 2 pcs sausage(frank furters, weinerli or kranksy cheese)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp mixed herbs(thyme, rosemary, parsley)
- 150 grams cooked spaghettini noodles(aldente)
- 1 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat pan(teflon). saute olive oil, galic, onions and the rest of the ingredients in the following order.
- In a warm plate, place the nicely and sprinkle parmesan & parsley before serving.
Great with garlic bread or Pizza…..Enjoy your meal!!!