Tired of traditional bolognese served on spaghetti pasta??….Well check this out, let’s bake it and rolled it in a pastry! ..Sometimes we can make traditional recipes into a non-traditional way. ..It’s good for pica-pica, snacks or even for your lunch box…Did you know that bolognese’s main ingredients are tomatoes, and tomatoes are rich in lycopene content. Lycopene is a vital anti-oxidant that helps in the fight against cancerous cell formation as well as other kinds of health complications and diseases.
Ingredients: makes 8-10 rolls
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium onions (diced)
- 1 small carrots (small diced)
- 1 stalk celery
- 100 gms chicken liver (minced)
- 300 gms beef mince
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp corn flour dissolve in 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup bread crumbs (for binding)
You may also need:
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- flaky pastry roll 8 sheets (4×6 inches)
- 1/4 cup melted butter for brushing
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in beef mince, chicken liver and cooked for about 10 minutes and stirring every 5 minutes. add in veggies – tomato, carrots, celery and seasoned with herbs, salt & pepper
- Add tomato sauce & paste & water. cook for another 5 minutes. add cornstarch mix and remove from heat. let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl – pour in bolognese & bread crumbs and mix well. In a pastry bag, fill in bolgnese mixture.
- spread a sheets of pastry roll and pipe in bolognese mix. fold and brush with butter and place cheese on top.
- pre-heat oven at 180 degrees and bake it for 30 minutes or until pastry are fluffy.