Lemon and Herb Chicken from “Nandos Restaurant”….. Just to promote our favourite chicken barbeque restaurant here in NZ. I am happy to share you once again this chicken barbeque recipe. It is my version of “Nandos” Lemon and Herb Chicken. It is a combination of lemon and chillies and different herbs. (Hey nandos, you might want to give me some food voucher for this free ads, hahaha LOL) Yumm!!!!! Who can say no to barbeque, well I cant!!! Must try!
- 1 kilo chicken wings (on stick)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp mix herb of thyme, marjoram and rosemary
- juice from 3 pcs of lemon
- some chillies, chopped and depends how hot and spicy you want.
- 1/2 cup banana ketsup.
- In a container with cover, combine all ingredients together and rubbed the chicken. Marinate for a minimum of two hours or better overnight.
- Best grilled using charcoal or simply in oven.
How spicy can you go?? .. . . Peri peri chicken, one of our favorite!!! It is a hot and spicy chicken recipe, Peri Peri chicken is a speciality of the Nando’s restaurants. It’s a home made Peri Peri sauce that use several kinds chillies, chile powder and other ingredients. I think almost every week we go to nandos restaurant to eat this meal(Hey, nandos, you need to pay me for advertising your restaurant free!! hehehe)……..Did you know that the more chillies you eat, the more healthier you go…Because chillies are also good in other antioxidants like vitamin A, and flavonoids like beta carotene, alpha carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, and cryptoxanthins. These antioxidant substances in capsicum helps to protect body from injurious effects of free radicals generated during stress, diseases conditions.
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 12 pcs chicken nibbles or wings
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Peri-Peri Sauce (see recipe below)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp paprika
- In a container add butter, Peri Peri sauce, lemon juice, garlic and paprika. mix well then add chicken and rub evenly.
- Marinade for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- You can use charcoal grill or grill in the oven. Brush with the remaining sauce every 5 minutes
- Best with a chips or java rice
Peri Peri sauce recipe
- 8 fresh hot chilli peppers (jalapeno), chopped
- 1 medium capsicum chopped
- 8 Tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup olive oil (or more to achieve desired consistency)
- 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper or red pepper (adjust quantity to taste)
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and adjust your taste with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight
- Keep in a container and may last to one week. keep it fridge.