Pinangat na Salmon Head
Salmon Head………As part of our 5 dollar challenge meal in our house, one of the list is this recipe. It is a fish recipe where in you just place all ingredients and boil it. Yes, it is very easy to cook. Well, you can not be wrong with salmon. Even it is the head part, it is very tasty and full of flavour.”pinangat” means a dish cooked with sour ingredients like vinegar, lemons, calamansi or tamarind. There are wide variety to cooked this dish depending on your taste. Must try!……………………Did you know that salmon is the healthiest food in the planet? Aside from its high content of omega-3 fatty acids, it is also a good source of Vitamin D as well. Vitamin D has been shown to play a crucial role in lowering the risk of several types of cancer, including breast, prostate, and colorectal cancer. Salmon contains particularly high levels of vitamin D and selenium, which is also associated with prevention of certain types of cancer, including colorectal cancer.
Ingredients: serves 2-3 persons
- 2 heads of salmon cut into half
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium size tomatoes quartered
- 1 medium size onions sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 2 pcs dried chillies optional
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup vinegar.
- In a medium wide saucepan, place and arrange everything except bok choy and bring to boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add in bok choy and boil for a minute.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and a dipping sauce made of fish sauce and chillies