Siomai……..Just made this recipe as our soup starter for our dinner. Made from my left over pork and shrimp siomai comes this very hot and clear soup. So simple and easy as one-two-three to make. Very best specially this winter season. (ooops!!! winter is just finished here in NZ). So if you are planning for a 3 meal course, this soup might be the simplest way to enjoy if you have some leftover siomai. No siomai, try just the eggs!!!
Ingredients: serves 6-8 persons
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small chopped onions
- 1 liter chicken broth
- 3 pcs fresh eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion leeks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- left over siomai (see recipe of pork and shrimp siomai)
- fish sauce to adjust your taste
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion. add in broth and bring to boil
- Then add in siomai and crack in eggs, seasoned with salt and pepper and adjust taste by adding fish sauce
- While boiling, pour in left over siomai and add in sesame oil then bring to a boil.
- Add in onion leek and Serve hot!