Pork Siomai…………..This pork siomai is one of my favourite when we go to “yum cha” chinese restaurant. I think I can eat more than 15 pieces of this in one single seat. Back home in the Philippines, this is one of the most latest street foods as you can find this in pushing carts / food carts. I remember it is sold at P5.00 for 3 pcs of siomai or equivalent to 0.30 cents NZD for 3 pcs. I missed my country! You can find good food at a very reasonable price. From my version of a very big pork and spinach dimsum, now I made a very tiny pork siomai…………………………Did you know that shrimps have a very high cholesterol level especially when you eat the head part of the shrimps. However shrimps are very good source of a nutrient called selenium. Lack of selenium in the body has been linked to the incidence of many types of cancer, including prostate.
Ingredients: makes 30 pcs of siomai
- 300 gms pork minced
- 30 pcs small cooked and peeled shrimps
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 medium minced onions
- 1 tsp seasoning soy sauce
- 1 pc beaten egg
- 1/2 salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together except shrimp , mix well.
- Form a circle size of mixture and one pc of shrimp and wrap over siomai wrapper. makes approx 30 pcs or even more depending on your size.
- Steam for 20 minutes. serve with chilli sauce