Pork Steak Tagalog
This is one of my favorite dish especially when I go to a “TURO-TURO” or canteen(small cafeteria) in the philippines…It’s a marinated fried pork with canalized onions and served with its remaining marinade mix. A simple dish that you can definitely eat a bunch of rice on it….whew!!!…..Did you know that onions contain a number of sulfides similar to those found in garlic which may lower blood lipids and blood pressure. In some places, communities that never consumed onions had blood cholesterol levels substantially higher, and blood clotting times shorter, than the communities that ate liberal amounts of garlic and onions….
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- oil for frying
- 6-8 pcs of pork chops or 1/2 a kilo
- 2 big white onions
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon or calamansi
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp sugar
- in a container, mix soy sauce, salt & pepper, 1 tsp sugar(save 1 tsp for onions) and lemon, mix well then add pork. marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- in a frying pan, fry pork until medium well. set aside and remove oil from the pan.
- from the same frying pan, add a little oil and saute onions for 3-4 minutes or until caramelize. add 1 tsp sugar.
- add in fried pork and its remaining marinade mix. add in water and bring to a boil.
- serve hot & enjoy!!!