Another options for a healthy snacks – Pumpkin , feta and spinach. Just made from the fresh vegetable ingredients such as pumpkin (roasted) and blanched spinach. Assembled together in a mini muffin tins. Its like putting your favourite omelette into a muffin tins… Yumm!!!!! ……………… Did you know that spinach nutrition is amazing. The calcium content in spinach strengthens our bones. The A and C vitamins in spinach plus the fiber, folic acid, magnesium and other nutrients help control cancer, especially colon, lung and breast cancers. Folate also lowers the blood levels of something called homocysteine, a protein that damages arteries. So spinach also helps protect against heart disease. Ingredients and Preparations:
Roast pumpkin into small dice seasoned with salt and pepper, Blanch spinach, beaten eggs , some feta cheese.
Assemble all ingredients into a mini muffin tins, pour in beaten eggs and feta cheese. Bake for 5-8 minutes or until ready. Carefull eggs are east to cook. Enjoy!
Chicken and pumpkin…………..This is a healthy and spicy dish. I combined my Chicken and pumpkin cake with my favourite food – Grilled and Spicy Chicken. Yes, Chicken is one of my favourite food and “Spicy” is my favourite taste! When I read a book about chillies, the author always finished his paragraph using “…the more spicy, the more healthy!”. From then on, I started associating chillies to almost every recipe I made. But still, chillies will be your options. But for me, Chillies is a “must” for my dish……………….Did you know that some studies show that eating chillies regularly helps keep your heart healthy by lowering cholesterol, keeping your blood pressure in a healthy range, and allowing more blood to reach the heart. And there is a fact that recent studies shows that consuming just a little chilli pepper (fresh or dried) each day helps us fall asleep, and stay asleep longer. And adding a little fresh-cut chili to your evening meal may also help you feel more awake the next day………….Believe it or not!!!….
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 persons
- 12 pieces chicken Drumsticks
- 1 whole lemon squeeze
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 pcs chopped red chillies
- 1 pc chopped red capsicum
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 3 stems of coriander – save some for garnishing.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and tub to chicken evenly. marinate for a min. of 2 hours
- In a charcoal grill or oven, grill chicken until cook.
- On a platter, assemble chicken and pumpkin cake and top with spicy chicken.
- Pour a little drippings and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot!!!
Health is wealth…..This is a one dish meal made of beef and healthy selection of vegetables that include pumpkin, potato, celery, carrots & onions slow cooked to perfection. I intend to blend all the vegetables present in the recipe, it serves as a thick creamy sauce and best for kids who hardly eat vegetables, they can see the little ones, but not the “blended ones!!!. I would say my daughter are one of those, she always set aside on her plate every little piece of veggies, but this time, she can’t……Did you know that regular consumptions of pumpkin can boost your immune system and can help promote the health of your eyes because of its good source of vitamin A and Vitamin C..
Ingredients: good for 4-6 persons
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sliced onions
- 1 cup carrots cubes
- 1 small potato cubes
- 1 stalk celery slice
- 1 kl beef brisket cut in serving portion
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1 pc chopped chillies (optional)
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables(peas, carrots, corns, beans) –
- In a separate sauce pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and seared beef until brown. seasoned with salt & pepper, marjoram & thyme. add water and bring to a boil at low heat for 45 minutes or until beef is tender.
- in a separate pan, heat oil and saute onions and the rest of the vegetables. stir fry well then add 1/2 cup water and boil. Using a blender or food processor, blend saute vegetables then pout to seared beef and bring to a boil using low heat for another 5 minutes then topped with mixed vegetables. add fresh cream then serve hot.
I love this dish, It’s a mix of pumpkin, chicken & peppers(capsicum) but preparing this dish needs a lots of patience…To be honest, the process is too long, but as they say..At the end of the journey, there’s always a surprise waiting…So, Lets start with the ride….Did you know that chilli contains seven times more vitamin C than orange…It is also an excellent source of Vitamin A & B… Recent studies prove that consuming just a little chilli pepper (fresh or dried) each day helps us fall asleep, and stay asleep longer. And adding a little fresh-cut chili to your evening meal may also help you feel more awake the next day. Ingredients: makes 20-25 pcs of pumpkin cake
- 1 kl pumpkin (roast at 180 degrees for 1 hour, peeled & seeds out)
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 3 bell peppers (red, green & yellow)
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 500 gms baked chicken breast(baked at 180 degrees for 45 minutes just seasoned with salt & pepper)
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp of salt & pepper
- 3 pcs eggs
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients…Mix well using your hands.
- Grab a handful of mixtures approx 120 gms and form in a circle / or a mini cake. makes 20-25 pcs approx or more
- In a pan, heat little oil, and seared pumpkin cake on both sides. place in a baking tray.
- Pre-heat oven, and bake your pumpkin cake for 15 minutes.
- You can store in fridge and heat upon serving. Serve with chilli pepper sauce.
Pumpkin soup…I will consider that this soup is the healthiest kind of them all. To make my pumpkin soup exciting, I added a bunch of vegetables such as potato, kumara, onions, carrots & celery…hmmmm, sounds really healthy….Did you know that pumpkins are also high in Lutein & Zeaxanthin which protect the eyes against free radical damage and prevent formation of cataracts and degeneration of the eye tissues….
Ingredients: serves 12-15 bowls
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onions (diced)
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- 1 pc medium carrots (diced)
- 1 medium potato (diced)
- 1 big pumpkin (approx 1.2-1.5 kls)
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups water or chicken stock
- salt & pepper to taste
- parsley for garnishing
- Roast pumpkin for in oven at 180 degrees for 45 minutes or until well cooked. peel and let cool.
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil and saute onions for 2-3 minutes. add in all vegetables except pumpkin. seasoned with salt & pepper. simmer for about 5 minutes. add in water/stock & sugar, let it boil for another 5 minutes. add in pumpkin and stir well.
- seasoned and adjust your taste through salt & pepper. lastly, add your cream and turn off fire.
- puree soup into a blender or food processor in a little quantity (1-2 cups at a time)
- best serve with garlic bread..
This is my wife home cooking, A local dish she learned from her grand mother. You can enjoy pairing this with fried fish or pork. A simple dish that full of healthy ingredients. . . Did you know that pumpkins contains lots of anti-oxidant vitamins A and C, as well as zinc and alpha-hydroxy-acids which helps to reduce the signs of aging. It is also rich in beta carotene – Research shows that people who eat a diet rich in beta-carotene are less likely to develop certain cancers than those who fail to include beta-carotene-rich foods in their diet…
Ingredients: (good for 4-6 persons)
- 32 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 meduim onion
- 12-15 pcs shrimp
- 3 tbsp shrimp paste
- 1 small pumpkin(peeled and cut evenly bite size)
- 6-8strings of beans (cut 2 inched)
- 6-8 pcs ocra
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garli and onion, add shrimp paste. add in pumpkin and simmer for 2-3 minutes. add in coconut milk, shrimp, ocra and string beans. bring to a boil until all veggies are half tender.
- seasoned with a littl smile and serve……