PadThai………this is one of my favourite asian dish. Well, as a chef, I always modify recipes, i made my one pinoy style that siuts my taste. Hopefully suits your taste as well. To make it more exciting, I topped the padthai some grilled porkchops which is one of my favourite too. …….. Now, lets go on the menu……
500 gms porkchops (marinated with soy sauce, pepper and lemons) grilled and chopped
500 gms pancit bihon or sotanghon ( rice noodles)
3 fresh eggs
Oil for saute
Some Garlic and onions
Chopped onion leek
2 cups chicken or pork broth
1/4 cup fish sauce
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 juice from lemon
1 tsp achuete powder
1/4 cup light soy sauce
In a wok, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in fresh eggs and cook until egg is scrambled
Add in noodles and broth, you may need extra broth until noodles are cooked.
Add in padthai sauce little by little until it reaches your desired taste.
Serve in a plate and topped with grilled pork and chopped onion leeks.
Pancit bihon…..one of the many recipe on how you will enjoy “pancit”…This dish is the most common food in a fiesta or gathering, occasions such as birthdays – traditionally, old folks say “long noodles gives you long life”….. In my country, you will find this on all canteens(small cafe) specially during AM and PM snack time selling for just 15-20 pesos(about 50 cents in new zealand dollar). Back home, We usually have this for bereakfast matching it with pandesal(Philippines famous bread) and a cup of coffee…..Did you now that rice noodles contains low in calorie and fat, but most pancit dishes prepared with oil and other meats. However this noodles is loaded with carbohydrates, it’s the complex carbohydrates, which deliver energy slowly over time. These carbohydrates are easier on the pancreas than simple carbohydrates, and they contribute to weight loss by reducing food cravings….
Ingredients: makes one pyrex enough to feed 10 persons
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 clove crushed garlic
- 1 medium onions diced
- 1/4 kilo chicken breast(boiled in 3 cups water with salt & pepper- save the broth)
- 100 gms chicken liver
- 6-8 pcs dried mushrooms (soak in water for 1 hour)
- 1 pc small caroots (julliene cut)
- 500 gms pancit bihon
- 100 gms baguio beans
- 1/8 kl of cabbage (julliene)
- 3 stalks of coriander
- salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- squeeze of lemon
- In a wok, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in chicken liver, chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables and seasoned with soy sauce and salt & pepper. add in broth, let it boil for a minute. don’t over cook the veggies. Set aside.
- In the same wok, boil chicken broth and add in bihon together. bring to a boil and adjust your taste by adding fish sauce. In a serving plate, pour in your pancit and topped with the guisado meat & vegetables.
- Serve hot and enjoy!! then squeeze with some lemon juice.