Pinoy Rice Toppings – Adobo over rice
Pinoy rice toppings….Pork adobo…whew!!!! my favorite!!!!..I think almost every Filipino loves this dish. When I was a student, I remember I always eat pinoy rice toppings at SM supermalls. It is a plate consist with a big serving of rice and your choice of viand. to name a few, the toppings can be the “silog family”, beef, pork and chicken with lots of sauce (masarsang ulam)…
Did you know that Pork is the number one dietary source of thiamin and it offers an impressive amount of vitamin B as well. Pork is naturally low in salt and a rich source of good quality protein…But too much eating of pork especially its fat can lead to some serious health problems.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 kg pork (cut into bite size)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 vinegar
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- pepper corn and salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- with alittle oil brown pork in a heavy skillet
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves, sugar, salt, peppercorn and water.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 20 mins
- When the juice is absorbed just another cup of water.
- Cover and let simmer until pork becomes tender. and all the juice is absorbed
- Serve hot over a big bowl of rice…