Lechon Paksiw…….It’s a dish mainly made with garlic, vinegar and mang tomas sauce. It is made from a leftover lechon (roast pig) or lechon kawali. or even some fried pork leftover such as crispy pata or fried pork chop and even traditional roast pork. Usually, the pig head, the legs and hocks and some meaty bones leftover are the main ingredients to cook this meal. This is the best way to recycle the meal instead of reheating it again and serving it to your table………….Did you know that lechon paksiw main ingredients is vinegar? and vinegar helps the body absorb calcium. Salad greens are full of calcium. If in some reason you have stopped drinking milk due to some concerns, a vinegar with salad might be your best source for calcium. or simply a fried pork chop with vinegar dipping sauce will simply do it….
Ingredients: depend on your leftover
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium onions sliced
- your leftover fried or roast pork (lechon)
- 1 cup sarsa ni mang tomas (or substitute 2 tbsp of soy sauce if you don’t have this sarsa)
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a teflon pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion, then pour over leftover meat and stir fry for 5 minutes allowing the garlic and onion flavor to absorb the flavor. then add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve hot with steamed rice
Hongkong Style – Roast Pork with egg noodle soup
This is our favorite dish at hongkong chinese restaurant, We never missed this noodle soup every time we go there, my family loves it. Its our way of starting our meal, we usually have this our dinner accompanied by Stir-fry Beef with fresh vegetables and steamed white chicken….Did you know that egg noodles is a great substitute for rice, It is high in carbohydrates, which provide energy for the brain and body’s cells and enough to sustain all the energy you need for the day. It is also rich in protein and fat, or those that yield energy in the form of calories.
Ingredients: Good for 3-4 persons
- 200 gms egg noodles soup
- 1 litre pork broth
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 4 pcs pork chop
Pork broth ingredients:
- 500 gms pork bones (to get a smokey flavor – seared pork bones in a pan of hot cooking oil)
- 1 medium onions
- 1 cup onion leeks
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 pcs star anise
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
Roast Pork ingredients:
- 500 gms pork chops / belly
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- In a container, mix all ingredients except the pork, mix well.
- Add in pork and rub evenly. cover container and marinade for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- roast pork at 180 degree celsius for 30 minutes
- serve hot with egg noodle soup
Traditional Roast Pork with vinegar sauce
This is tita wengs recipe…I love it!!! It’s a simple traditional roast pork, flavorful, crispy skin outside and soft meat inside. It’s really dangerous to your health.(hehehehe) But I can’t resist it. Life is short!!! It’s your call, just take a lot of running and exercise to burn all the fats and calories you gain after having this meal. So, Good luck!!! . . . . Did you know that regular pork meal a day is enough to fill your body’s protein requirements for the day. because pork is a very good source of protein. Pork meats also have vitamins and minerals that are essential to our health. What pork lacks is the very important fiber. This what makes pork meats not heart friendly….I suggest “eat pork moderately”….
Ingredients: good for 4-6 persons
- 1 slab of pork shoulder approx 1.5-2kilos
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
Dipping sauce: vinegar, chillies, garlic and onions or a simple ketchup
- in a roasting pan, rub pork with salt, pepper, vinegar, garlic and soy sauce. rub well and set aside for 30 minutes allowing the ingredients to penetrate to pork meat.
- Roast pork at 180 degrees celsius for 45 minutes or until skin is crispy. turn every 10 minutes.
- You can save the drippings for gravy or simple serve the pork with above dipping sauce