Pasta……When I was still working in an Italian Restaurant back in the Philippines, We always changed our menu quarterly which includes 6 – 8 pasta specialties and some mains and entrees. We remove those dish that doesn’t not sell well and retain the popular ones on the menus. I am happy to share you guys that this recipe is one of the best-selling ones. It’s a sausage pasta cooked in caramelized onions and tomato sauce perfectly combined with fresh mesclun salad greens. It’s a healthy way to eat pasta and salad greens. ……Did you know that mesclun are the combination of salad greens mainly lettuce. Lettuce leaves are the store house of many phyto-nutrients that have health promotional and disease prevention properties. It is a rich source of vitamin K, Vitamin K has the potential role in the increase of bone mass by promoting osteotrophic activity in the bone. It also has established role in Alzheimer’s disease patients by limiting neuronal damage in the brain.
Ingredients: good for sharing
- 2 piece of sausages(frank furter, weinerli or any sausage will do)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 medium white onions chopped
- 1 fresh tomato quartered
- 3/4 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 bunch / handful mesclun greens
- pinch of dried oregano
- pinch of dried basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp parmesan cheese
- 200 gms cooked noodle(spaghetti or fettuccine will do)
- hot sauce is optional
- In a non stick teflon pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, let it caramelized for a while and then add sausages and tomatoes and season with dried oregano and basil, salt and pepper.
- add in tomato sauce and pasta noodles and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a serving plate, place mesclun greens and pour in pasta and sprinkle with parmesan cheese upon serving.
- Great with garlic breads!
Hello everyone!!!..I am very excited to post this recipe, Do you know why? Coz I made this trial recipe in my work place. and my BOSS tasted it…I was very surprise when they told me that…” It so yummy, Our customers will definetly like this..We need to calculate the cost and launch it as CHEF’s SPECIAL for next week”…I am so flattered… Anyways, Did you know that CAPSICUMS are superb source of vitamin C. This are relatives of chillies that contains flavonoids. which seems to fight cancer in several different ways…these are healthy add-ons on your everyday diet.
the recipe is as follows:
Prep time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 8-10 minutes, Single serving
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 med onions(chopped)
- 1 small tomato(quartered)
- 1/4 each of medium red and green capsicum(big diced)
- 2 pcs sausage(frank furters, weinerli or kranksy cheese)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp mixed herbs(thyme, rosemary, parsley)
- 150 grams cooked spaghettini noodles(aldente)
- 1 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat pan(teflon). saute olive oil, galic, onions and the rest of the ingredients in the following order.
- In a warm plate, place the nicely and sprinkle parmesan & parsley before serving.
Great with garlic bread or Pizza…..Enjoy your meal!!!