Exploring stir fry beef Asian style…………Once again I will be featuring “stir-fry beef”. This time, I will cook the beef with bok choy. It is a very Asian inspired dish that once you master the cooking of stir-fry beef, you can explore any vegetables you may want to accompany with this very tender quick-cook beef. Here in my place, almost every week we cook Asian dish such as this one……..Must try!
Ingredients: serves 4-6 persons
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 thumb size ginger sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 500 grams thinly sliced beef (tendered and soak in 1 tsp soda. salt & pepper for 10 minutes)
- 4 bunches of bok choy
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1.5 cup water
- 1 small can of black beans (use 3 tbsp and mashed it)
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion leeks
- Heat oil in pan , add beef and stir fry until brown and season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, ginger and onions and soy sauce. Saute’ for 2 minutes.
- Add black beans. Continue stirring for 2-3 minutes then pour in bok choy.
- Add water with cornstarch and boil for 2 minutes, then add onion leeks and sesame oil then remove from heat.
- Serve hot and enjoy!!!!!