Fresh seafood….I Love it! I cooked this as our lunch together with my boss, I replicated the recipe when we had a guest chef from Hilton Hotel Auckland, The Chef was really good in pasta and pizza and demonstrated some of his expertise…I learned some techniques from him. It’s really nice to be exposed and work with some experienced Chefs……Did you know that the seafood I used such as mussels are low in total and saturated fat but are one of the richest shellfish sources of a type of heart-healthy unsaturated fatty acid known collectively as the omega-3 fatty acids. Some study reports that omega-3 fatty acids, particularly those from fish and shellfish, offer cardioprotective benefits. They decrease the risk of developing abnormal heartbeats as well as triglyceride levels or levels of fat in the bloodstream. Both of these benefits contribute to a reduced risk of heart attack or sudden death from heart disease.
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 medium chopped onions
- 100 gms fish fillet (tuna or salmon)
- 100 gms squid rings
- 8 pcs prawns(peeled)
- 8 pcs mussels (shells removed)
- 8 pcs black olives
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 100 gms mesclun salad greens
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 12 pc fresh tomatoes quartered)
- 300 gms spaghetti noodles (cooked)
- 1 tsp of salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 pcs chopped frsh chillies(optional)
- In a big teflon pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in all the seafoods and stir fry for 3-4 minutes, add in redwine and seasoned with herbs(thyme& marjoram), salt & pepper. add the rest of the ingredients except mesclun greens and cooked spaghetti noodles. simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add and stir in mesclun greens and remove from heat. then topped to your cooked spaghetti
- Serve with garlic bread!
Pasta marinara…”If I will call this as a movie, it would be a TITANIC”… This was the all time favorite pasta in most Cafe I have worked with. And because it was very popular, I made a variety of marinara, these are, creamy marinara, pesto marinara, seafood trio pasta plus they can even choose their own noodles such as penne, angel hair, spaghetti, fettuccine and etc…
Did you know that seafoods is an excellent source of many important minerals, including iodine, zinc, potassium and phosphorus. It is also rich in many vitamins, especially the B group. Seafood is also good source of flourine, which in addition, well known role in keeping teeth healthy and help calcium loss from our bones.
Prep time 10 min / Cooking time 8-10 minutes / 1 serving good for sharing
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 pc small onions chopped
1/4 of red & green bell pepper
1 med tomato (quartered)
100 grams of mixed seafoods (shrimp, fish, squid & crab meat)
150 gms cooked noodles (your choice of spaghetti, penne or fettuccine)
1/c of tomato sauce
1 tsp mix herbs
salt & pepper to taste
* you can add black olives as optional ingredient
* In a teflon pan, heat olive oil, saute garlic and onion and add bell peppers, tomato & mix seafood. Cooked for 2-3 minutes. then add noodles, tomato sauce, herbs & seasones with salt & pepper. place on a warm plate then sprinkle parmesan & parsley before serving.
To cook noodles:
in a sauce pan of boiling water, add a little salt and cooking oil. pour in noodles and cooked for about 5-7 minutes or until aldente.
Best with toast garlic bread, pizza or even roast meals…Enjoy