As they say, you cant go wrong with salmon, its a very simple dish for those who love an organic and healthy diet. As we all know that salmon is one of the healthiest fish in the market which is loaded with omega 3 accompanied by greens and citrus salad and a cold asian noodles. I am happy to share the items inside my mystery box – yes, I joined a competition in NZ and got 3rd place- yehey. Its a 1 hr competition where in you need to cook what inside the mystery box. All made from scratch. …..
here we go:
Salmon – olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper – seared with little oil until skin is crisp the flipped for about 2-3 mins.
Asian cold noodles – soba noodles, garlic, ginger, corriandet, rice wine, mirin, salt and pepper – boil soba noodles in lemon tea bag and tossed with all the ingredients.
Fennel salsa – fresh squeeze orange, dice fennel bulbs, dice red onions, salt and pepper, fresh chillies, olive oil, kale greens
Grilled lemon to serve….
Measurement??? No exact measurement as you will follow your tastebuds… good luck and enjoy!!!!
Risotto…….a dish of rice cooked in stock and served variously with tomatoes, cheese, chicken, seafood and more….There are thousand of ways how to cook risotto, It actually depends on the broth you prefer. I prefer seafood. This is the most tasteful and flavourful to cook this dish. I remember when I was watching an episode of jaime oliver(famous chef), He cooked a risotto exactly the same procedures I usually make. Using seafood as his base stock and shrimps as his meat. So now, I am very happy to share to you this recipe. Tips on making risotto – never let go of stirring while cooking, you will loose its creamy texture once you stop stirring…………Did you know that salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. The Omega-3 fatty acids in salmon will help lower your cholesterol. Usually the first thing doctors recommend after a heart attack is to lower your bad cholesterol levels. While salmon is lowering your bad cholesterol it is also raising your good cholesterol. Salmon can also help repair heart damage and strengthen the heart muscles. Salmon also helps lower your blood pressure and even prevent hardening of your arteries which will lessen your chances of having a heart attack.
Ingredients: good for sharing
For seared salmon and prawns
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 pieces king prawns
- 250 grams salmon belly (bone out)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp seasoning soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 pcs mussels on shells (shells cleaned)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 small white onions chopped
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- salt & pepper
- dash of dried marjoram
- dash of dried thyme
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 2 cups water
- In a sauce pan, add water and mussels. boil until mussels are opened. set aside, remove mussels shell and save broth.
- In a sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in arborio rice and simmer for 5 minutes by continues stirring. then add in tomato sauce and herbs. add in 1 cup soup stock first. then cook for another 5 minutes. depending on your desired thickness add little by little of your broth, some prefer their risotto a little bit dry, some prefer wet. then stir- in sour cream and remove from fire. adjust your taste by adding salt & pepper.
- In a non-stick metal pan, heat oil and seared salmon and prawns on both side. Then place in an oven at 180 degrees celsius for 5 minutes.
- Using your imagination, assemble plate with risotto and seared salmon and prawns.