Sweet n Sour pork… I made my version hongkong style, I fried the pork(flour coated) in chunks and the usual bell peppers, lots of carrots & onions . I never been to hongkong, but I’ve worked in macau, they are both good in cantonese cuisines…Did you know that carrots are rich in beta-carotene, a substance which converted into vitamin A. lack of vitamin A causes night blindness… According to some research, people who ate more than six carrots a week are much less likely to suffer a stroke than those who ate only one carrot a month or more…
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 1 tbsp oil
- 150 gms pork chunks (double flour coated with salt & pepper, deep-fried)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onions(jullienne cut)
- 1 small carrots (jullienne cut)
- 1 small bell pepper (julliene cut)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour dissolve in 1 cup water
- salt & pepper
- dash of sesame oil
- In a sauce pan, heat oil & saute garlic and onions, add in bell peppers & carrots. don’t over cooked
- add in rest of the ingredients and toss with fried pork.
- Serve hot!!!