A very popular dish specially for those people living nearby seas and oceans… For some people, they don’t consume fish head as they think it does not have enough meat inside. But for me, I find fish head very flavourful especially if you cook as s soup like this dish. I remember, I had a friend of mine back home, they owned a family business fast food with a branch every SM supermalls. They are just selling fish heads of different kinds, heads of salmon, snapper, king fish and many more. If I can still remember their restaurant name is “sinigang na ulo-ulo”…………………………Did you know that fish contains a lot of omega 3 fatty acids or fish oil promote brain development? There are some studies that a pregnant women loves to eat a fish(which means lots of omega3 fatty acids or fish oil on her diet) had babies with higher IQs and fewer learning disorders, and were less likely to develop mental retardation or cognitive delays…………
- 2 pcs fish heads (preferably eel or snapper)
- 1.5 liters of water
- 1 medium onions (quartered)
- 2 tbsp of ginger slices
- 2 pcs of medium tomatoes (quartered)
- 4 pcs string beans (cut 2 inches approx)
- 1 bunch kangkong or bokchoy
- 5 pcs ocra
- 1 small raddish (sliced
- 1 pc of egg plant (sliced)
- 1 pck of sinigang mix sa miso (for 1.5 liter mix)
* please slice your vegetables evenly
- In a large sauce pan, boil water and onions & ginger then add fish and cooked for approx 5-10 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cooked for about 2-3 minutes and serve hot. Dont over cook veggies.
- serve with fish sauce with chillies on the side.