Posted by nors
Pinangat(sour dish)…..Using tamarind fruit as the main ingredients in your sour dish would add excellent flavor especially in fish recipes. They said this dish can last upto a week without placing it inside your fridge. That’s why there is a joke for the word”pinangat” which originated from the word “pangat” when you add to another word it will have a different meaning as “pangatlong araw na ulam” meaning everyday food, re-heated and heated until you finish. You probably didn’t get it. As it is very hard to explain in english..hahahaha, back to the recipe. Yes, it can last upto a week because it is mainly compose of sour ingredients such as vinegar and tamarind fruit. A great lunch box idea for picnic for most filipinos. Try it!
Ingredients: serves 2-3 persons
- 1/2 kg of baby jack mackarel cut in half
- 1 cup water
- 1 thumb size ginger sliced
- 1 medium size onions sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 4 pcs tamarind fruit
- 2 pcs long green chillies
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup vinegar.
- In a medium wide saucepan, place and arrange everything and bring to boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and prepare a dipping sauce made of fish sauce and chillies