Spicy Pepsi Chicken
Pepsi Chicken………………..This is just out of curiosity recipe. Since I posted Coca-cola chicken maybe 2 years ago which turns out to be one of my popular post during that year. It came to my mind that i want to try it again. Because when you do food blogging at home, everyday is a different meal for us as I post every single recipe I cook at home. So back to the coca cola chicken, I was in the middle of cooking where everything is ready; I saute the onions, garlic ginger chicken, I add the condiments and last would be the coke as my substitute for water. When I opened my cup board. I saw ….. Yes I saw a PEPSI!!! and Its PEPSI MAX, no sugar! Wow, I said OMG! Since I think it is a soda as well minus sugar. I give it a try! Sorry Coca cola, you didn’t give me an advertisement for my post! and it taste good, maybe even better! (hahahaha coke) well, I like both Pepsi and Coke!…….Must try!
- 3 cloves garlic
- 50 gm of thinly sliced ginger
- 1 kg chicken thigh and legs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 vinegar
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- pepper corn and salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup pepsi(softdrinks)
- 1 tbsp dried chillies(optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- dried chillies
- Saute and brown chicken in a heavy skilletby adding a little oil
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, bay leaves, sugar, salt, peppercorn, dried chillies and pepsi.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 20 mins
- Cover and let simmer until it becomes tender. and all the juice is absorbed. add sesame oil before serving
Spicy Chicken and Pumpkin Cake
Chicken and pumpkin…………..This is a healthy and spicy dish. I combined my Chicken and pumpkin cake with my favourite food – Grilled and Spicy Chicken. Yes, Chicken is one of my favourite food and “Spicy” is my favourite taste! When I read a book about chillies, the author always finished his paragraph using “…the more spicy, the more healthy!”. From then on, I started associating chillies to almost every recipe I made. But still, chillies will be your options. But for me, Chillies is a “must” for my dish……………….Did you know that some studies show that eating chillies regularly helps keep your heart healthy by lowering cholesterol, keeping your blood pressure in a healthy range, and allowing more blood to reach the heart. And there is a fact that recent studies shows that consuming just a little chilli pepper (fresh or dried) each day helps us fall asleep, and stay asleep longer. And adding a little fresh-cut chili to your evening meal may also help you feel more awake the next day………….Believe it or not!!!….
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 persons
- 12 pieces chicken Drumsticks
- 1 whole lemon squeeze
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 pcs chopped red chillies
- 1 pc chopped red capsicum
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 3 stems of coriander – save some for garnishing.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and tub to chicken evenly. marinate for a min. of 2 hours
- In a charcoal grill or oven, grill chicken until cook.
- On a platter, assemble chicken and pumpkin cake and top with spicy chicken.
- Pour a little drippings and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot!!!
Spicy Chicken in Soy Bean and Vegetables
Spicy……..I really enjoy eating spicy food specially this dish. It’s a spicy chicken using a soy bean paste and chillies mixed with some vegetables served on garlic fried rice. I considered this food picture as one of my best photo shot ever. I am not a good photographer but every time I read other’s blog post and food magazines, I see some techniques nad styles which I adopt to my blog. I am really challenged to take a good photo for my food. I hope someday I could be that great photographer…………Did you know that soy bean have a cholesterol-lowering effects with a health claim stating that little consumption of soy protein per day may reduce the risk of heart disease. Recent research suggests that soy may also lower risk of prostate, colon and breast cancers as well as osteoporosis and other bone health problems, and alleviate hot flashes associated with menopause………..
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 250 grams chicken breast cut in strips
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 small chopped onions
- 1/2 cup baby corn
- 1/4 cup sliced capsicum(red and green)
- 1/4 cup sliced carrots
- 1 tbsp soy bean chilli paste
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch dissolve in 3/4 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- dash of sesame oil
- In a wok, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger. Add in chicken and saute until lightly brown
- Add in all vegetables and seasoned with oyster sauce and soy chilli paste. adjust taste by adding salt and pepper
- Add in water and cornstarch mix and boil for a minute. drop a little sesame oil upon serving.
- Serve with garlic rice.
Peri Peri Chicken
How spicy can you go?? .. . . Peri peri chicken, one of our favorite!!! It is a hot and spicy chicken recipe, Peri Peri chicken is a speciality of the Nando’s restaurants. It’s a home made Peri Peri sauce that use several kinds chillies, chile powder and other ingredients. I think almost every week we go to nandos restaurant to eat this meal(Hey, nandos, you need to pay me for advertising your restaurant free!! hehehe)……..Did you know that the more chillies you eat, the more healthier you go…Because chillies are also good in other antioxidants like vitamin A, and flavonoids like beta carotene, alpha carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, and cryptoxanthins. These antioxidant substances in capsicum helps to protect body from injurious effects of free radicals generated during stress, diseases conditions.
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 12 pcs chicken nibbles or wings
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Peri-Peri Sauce (see recipe below)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp paprika
- In a container add butter, Peri Peri sauce, lemon juice, garlic and paprika. mix well then add chicken and rub evenly.
- Marinade for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- You can use charcoal grill or grill in the oven. Brush with the remaining sauce every 5 minutes
- Best with a chips or java rice
Peri Peri sauce recipe
- 8 fresh hot chilli peppers (jalapeno), chopped
- 1 medium capsicum chopped
- 8 Tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup olive oil (or more to achieve desired consistency)
- 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper or red pepper (adjust quantity to taste)
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and adjust your taste with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight
- Keep in a container and may last to one week. keep it fridge.