Gourmet Pies – Mushroom and Spinach
pies….just playing with the layers of spinach in this pie, it is a simple pie made with traditional and all time favorite spinach and feta combination plus a herb roasted mushroom and bacon topping. You can never
Be wrong with this recipe, so simple tet very satisfing taste. Must try!!!!
Ingredients: makes 6 – 8 pies
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 18 pcs button mushrooms (cut in half)
- 5 pcs streaky bacon (cooked)
- 12 pcs fresh spinach leaves
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- salt and pepper
- mix dried herbs (marjoram and thyme)
- fresh chopped parsley
- Savoury pastry sheets approx 2 pcs 12 x 12
- grated cheese for topping
- In a muffin pan, spray oil and mold pastry sheets using a standard saucer. you can make pie molding of 6 or even 8 pcs on 2 pcs of 12×12 savoury pastry. Place and tear spinach leaves approc 1.5 pcs each molding. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk and cream and seasoned with salt and pepper and little herbs. Mix well. Pour in to pie molding about 3/4 full. Bake in 160 degrees at 20 minutes. Let it cool then Set aside
- heat a wide pan seared or pan roast mushroom and seasoned with salt and pepper and little herbs.
- Then assemble mushroom and bacon to pie molding topped with cheese. Bring to oven for same degrees allowing the cheese to melt for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite coffee or tea.
Stir-fry egg and spinach
Eggs…………there are hundred ways to cook egg….I’ll teach you one easy and healthy way. Cook it with your favourite green leafy vegetables. Its one of the quick way if you want to pair your fried or grilled dishes. This is my favorite breakfast as I paired it with my dried fish (tuyo)…………….Did you know that the A and C vitamins in spinach plus the fiber, folic acid, magnesium and other nutrients help control cancer, especially colon, lung and breast cancers. Folate also lowers the blood levels of something called homocysteine, a protein that damages arteries. So spinach also helps protect against heart disease.
Ingredients: good for sharing
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onions sliced
- 3 fresh eggs beaten
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 pc medium tomato slices
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a teflon pan, heat oil and saute onions. add in tomatoes and seasoned with salt & pepper, add in spinach and stir with egg. continue stirring for a minute. do not over cook egg.
- Serve hot!
Munggo beans with pork bones and spinach
just craving for a munggo dish…as they say in the phillpines…”byernes munggo”..it says, a common dish every friday… You can cook several varieties using munggo beans, I already tried the monggo beans with pork and sotanghon. Maybe the favorite cooking style of monggo I have ever taste was the one cooked by my wife’s relatives back in Laguna, Philippines. They cooked it with alukbati(Sorry don’t know the english word for this vegetable) and malunggay fruit and leaves. I want to try it but a failed looking this ingredients to asian supermarket. . . . . Did you know that spinach nutrition is amazing. The calcium content in spinach strengthens our bones. The A and C vitamins in spinach plus the fiber, folic acid, magnesium and other nutrients help control cancer, especially colon, lung and breast cancers. Folate also lowers the blood levels of something called homocysteine, a protein that damages arteries. So spinach also helps protect against heart disease.
Ingredients: (serves 4-6 person)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 klio meaty pork bones (cut in serving portions)
- 3tbsp bagoong isda (philippines style anchovies)
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup munggo beans (soaked in water for atleast 3 hours)
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 1 litre water
- in a sauce pan, boil monggo beans for about 20-30 minutes or until tender or beans has broken
- In another sauce pan, saute garlic and onion, pour over pork bones and stir fry for about 3-5 minutes then seasoned with salt & pepper
- pour over boiled monggo. let it boil, add in spinach and boil for another 2-3 minutes. serve hot.
- Great paired with fried fish….enjoy!!!