Steak ala pobre…….One of the most popular entree back in my previous work place. It is under the Menu which have a caption of “CHEF’s RECOMMENDATION”…. It is a huge piece of steak serve with lots of garlic cooked your way. I remember this meal is accompanied by the usual side dish of coleslaw and buttered veggies and your choice of rice or mashed potato. Gosh, After almost 15 years ago, I still can remember every single word we used to create that menu. ……………..Did you know that garlic can improve a person’s immune system. It has anti-cancer components that can prevent colon cancer and stomach cancer. People with more garlic in their food intake or diet have less risk of colorectal cancer or pancreatic cancer. Garlic supplementation can also reduce the development of cancer cells among people with family history of breast, prostate and throat cancers. Also, it is found that aged garlic lowers heart and intestinal damage common to chemotherapy patients……….
Ingredients: Serves 2 persons
- 400 grams tenderloin steak (200 gms per serving)
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp seasoning soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- toasted garlic for garnishing on top
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients and rub steak evenly.
- In a charcoal grill – grill steak according to your desired doneness.
- Serve with coleslaw salad and your choice of rice or mashed potato
- Enjoy with a glass of wine.