Stir-fry Beef and Bok Choy
Exploring stir fry beef Asian style…………Once again I will be featuring “stir-fry beef”. This time, I will cook the beef with bok choy. It is a very Asian inspired dish that once you master the cooking of stir-fry beef, you can explore any vegetables you may want to accompany with this very tender quick-cook beef. Here in my place, almost every week we cook Asian dish such as this one……..Must try!
Ingredients: serves 4-6 persons
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 thumb size ginger sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 500 grams thinly sliced beef (tendered and soak in 1 tsp soda. salt & pepper for 10 minutes)
- 4 bunches of bok choy
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1.5 cup water
- 1 small can of black beans (use 3 tbsp and mashed it)
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion leeks
- Heat oil in pan , add beef and stir fry until brown and season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, ginger and onions and soy sauce. Saute’ for 2 minutes.
- Add black beans. Continue stirring for 2-3 minutes then pour in bok choy.
- Add water with cornstarch and boil for 2 minutes, then add onion leeks and sesame oil then remove from heat.
- Serve hot and enjoy!!!!!
Stir fry Beef and Snow Peas
Stir fry Beef……………..Almost any vegetables can go with this stir fry beef. My post today is a simple stir fry beef and snow peas. A classic Asian dish – tendered beef with oyster sauce. Once you tried mastering the stir fry beef, you can play with all the vegetables you may like to come with this tendered stir fry beef… Try it, youll definitely gonna love it.
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 medium white onions sliced
- 300 grams snow peas
- 300 grams thinly sliced beef (soaked in 1 tbsp chinese wine and 1 tbsp baking soda for 10 minutes)
- 1 tbsp corn flour dissolve in 1 cup water
- 50 grams cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- in a non-stick pan or wok, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in beef and let it brown for 2-3 minutes then add in snow peas and seasoned with oyster sauce, salt and pepper and cashew nuts. let it simmer for 2-3 minutes. adjust taste by adding fish sauce.
- dissolve corn flour and water and add soy sauce. mix well and pour over and let it boil for a minute until sauce is thickened
- Serve hot!