As I read the label of a bottle of sweet chili sauce…I notice a recipe of a chicken using this sauce…Out of curiosity, I tried it. And its awesome, Just made a little revisions to make it more flavorful. . .Did you know that chickens are rich source of a variety of essential nutrients and vitamins, which assist in strengthening the immune system of the body. Chicken is also good source of niacin, a B-vitamin that protects the body against cancer. Chicken is also reputed to be one of the safest meats available, as it is least associated with any side-effects of consumption….
Ingredients: (good for 3-4 persons)
- 1 whole chicken approx 1 – 1.3 kilo
- 1 cup of sweet chilli sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of pineapple juice
- In a container, pour all ingredient except chicken and mix well. add in chicken and rub evenly. cover and marinate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven for 5 minutes at 160 degrees celsius. On the same temperature, place chicken (thigh up) and baked for 45 minutes. (brush every 10 minutes with the remaining marinade mix)
- serve hot!!!
I love this dish, It’s a mix of pumpkin, chicken & peppers(capsicum) but preparing this dish needs a lots of patience…To be honest, the process is too long, but as they say..At the end of the journey, there’s always a surprise waiting…So, Lets start with the ride….Did you know that chilli contains seven times more vitamin C than orange…It is also an excellent source of Vitamin A & B… Recent studies prove that consuming just a little chilli pepper (fresh or dried) each day helps us fall asleep, and stay asleep longer. And adding a little fresh-cut chili to your evening meal may also help you feel more awake the next day. Ingredients: makes 20-25 pcs of pumpkin cake
- 1 kl pumpkin (roast at 180 degrees for 1 hour, peeled & seeds out)
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 3 bell peppers (red, green & yellow)
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 500 gms baked chicken breast(baked at 180 degrees for 45 minutes just seasoned with salt & pepper)
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp of salt & pepper
- 3 pcs eggs
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients…Mix well using your hands.
- Grab a handful of mixtures approx 120 gms and form in a circle / or a mini cake. makes 20-25 pcs approx or more
- In a pan, heat little oil, and seared pumpkin cake on both sides. place in a baking tray.
- Pre-heat oven, and bake your pumpkin cake for 15 minutes.
- You can store in fridge and heat upon serving. Serve with chilli pepper sauce.