Tinola…It’s a hot soup made of chicken using lots of ginger and some veggies…The best tinola I tasted was the one cooked by my fellow guardian and friend as well(jepoy). He taught me how to cook this recipe even we don’t have enough ingredients. The secret is on how you saute’ the chicken, You need to give more color, so you can have more flavor to the chicken. Imagine, we just share 1/2 kilo of chicken for 6-8 persons. He cooks well despite of limited resources. and that’s what I learned from him…..Did you know that sayote(choko or chayote) has no cholesterol or fat. Some research says eating soup made of chayote and its leaves is good for lowering high blood pressure & dissolving kidney stones….
Ingredients: (good for 5-6 persons)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onions
- 2 tbsp of ginger slices
- 1 kilo chicken( cut in portion size)
- salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 liter of water
- 2 pcs medium chayote (cut in portion size)
- malungay leave or bok choy(optional)
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion and ginger. add in chicken and saute well until golden brown then seasoned with salt & pepper
- add a liter of water and bring to boil. add chayote and malunggay leaves or bok choy. adjust your taste by adding fish sauce
- Serve hot!!