Another Pancit Recipe………….I really love pancit, for me, any kind of noodles will do. The term pancit is derived from the Hokkien pian i sit which means “something conveniently cooked fast. I think this dish was introduce by chinese people from our home(philppines) One of my favourite are Philippines’ lomi guisado, pancit canton-bihon, batchoy, pancit bihon guisado and many more. Or might be Asian noodles such as chicken laksa with egg noodles, beef with vermicelli noodles and many more. A buffet menu can never be completed without having a noodles or pasta dish…..So, Whats your favorite noodles?……………….Did you know that most pancit ingredients have a coriander? this coriander leaves gives an aromatic and pungy taste in pancit. These leaves also have lots of health benefits. To name some, coriander act as stimulants and tonics. They strengthen the stomach and promote digestion, increase secretion and discharge of urine and reduce fever. They act as an aphrodisiac, and help in the removal of phlegm. Coriander seeds reduce fever, and offer a feeling of coolness………..
Ingredients: good for 4-6 persons
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 clove crushed garlic
- 1 medium onions diced
- 1/4 kilo chicken breast(boiled in 3 cups water with salt & pepper- save the broth)
- 100 gms chicken liver
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 pc small carots (julliene cut)
- 500 gms pancit sotanghon
- 1/8 kl of cabbage (julliene)
- 3 stalks of coriander
- salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- squeeze of lemon
- In a wok, heat oil and saute garlic and onions and bacon, saute well then add in chicken liver, chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables and seasoned with soy sauce and salt & pepper. add in broth, let it boil for a minute. don’t over cook the veggies. Set aside.
- In the same wok, boil chicken broth and add in sotanghon together. bring to a boil and adjust your taste by adding fish sauce. In a serving plate, pour in your pancit and topped with the guisado meat & vegetables.
- Serve hot and enjoy!! then squeeze with some lemon juice.