Have you tried eating a pig brain and pig head?…..This dish is a common dish in the Philippines especially to the “lasinggero” or the “drunken masters”…..Maybe one of the best appetizer when you are having hard drinks such as gin (ginebra), vodka or rum(tanduay) that was the Philippines brand of liquor. I remember when I was a student, typically in high school, (that was the time when I start learning to drink alcoholic beverages) We always have this appetizer because pig head is so cheap and huge that would be enough for more than 10 persons. The ingredients as well are very easy find on your kitchen pantry. …………….Did you know that pig brain are good source of protein and vitamin C…protein helps build strong muscles and bones, while vitamin C strengthen our immune system and protects us from common colds up to some deadly serious diseases. …..
ingredients: serves 8-10 persons
- 1 whole pig head with brain(break into half)
- 2 tbsp peppercorns
- 5 pcs bay leaves
- 2 litre water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 thumb sized ginger thinly slices
- 1 large white diced onions
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- In a very large sauce pan, combine pig head, peppercorn, bay leaves and water. boil for 45 minutes. Gently remove pig brain and set aside. drain and grill until lightly brown. Using a small knife, remove meat and fat from pig head and cut into small diced. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl and tossed with the pig meat. Crush pig head into the mixtures. this will serves as thickening agent.
- Great for appetizers.