Chicken and pumpkin…………..This is a healthy and spicy dish. I combined my Chicken and pumpkin cake with my favourite food – Grilled and Spicy Chicken. Yes, Chicken is one of my favourite food and “Spicy” is my favourite taste! When I read a book about chillies, the author always finished his paragraph using “…the more spicy, the more healthy!”. From then on, I started associating chillies to almost every recipe I made. But still, chillies will be your options. But for me, Chillies is a “must” for my dish……………….Did you know that some studies show that eating chillies regularly helps keep your heart healthy by lowering cholesterol, keeping your blood pressure in a healthy range, and allowing more blood to reach the heart. And there is a fact that recent studies shows that consuming just a little chilli pepper (fresh or dried) each day helps us fall asleep, and stay asleep longer. And adding a little fresh-cut chili to your evening meal may also help you feel more awake the next day………….Believe it or not!!!….
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 persons
- 12 pieces chicken Drumsticks
- 1 whole lemon squeeze
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 pcs chopped red chillies
- 1 pc chopped red capsicum
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 3 stems of coriander – save some for garnishing.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and tub to chicken evenly. marinate for a min. of 2 hours
- In a charcoal grill or oven, grill chicken until cook.
- On a platter, assemble chicken and pumpkin cake and top with spicy chicken.
- Pour a little drippings and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot!!!
I remember before I went to New Zealand, there s a new Inasal Restaurant in th Philippines that offers a “rice all you can” when you order one of chicken Inasal meal. I used to have my lunch there especially when I am busy preparing my documents going here in NZ. They serve the Inasal with achara and sinamak(vinegar, chillies & garlic, onions, ginger)….Did you know that chicken is a good source of protein, as it contains very little fat compared to other sources of meat. However, if you have a severe cholesterol problem, then chicken may not be good for you, as it contains a considerable amount of cholesterol….
Ingredients:(serves 6 person or 6 skewers)
- 6 pcs thigh and legs (cut in serving size)
- 6 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup vinegar(should be made in the philippines – cane vinegar)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 pcs calamansi / 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp achuete oil
- 3 tbsp margarine melted
- 6 pcs barbeque sticks
- In a container, mixed all ingredients together except chicken, mix well. add chicken and rub evenly. Cover container and marinate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- place chicken meat in a skewer, save the remaining marinade mix for brushing.
- In a griller, preferably charcoal grill if you have…grill chicken and brush every 5 minutes of the remaining marinade mix
- Serve with achara or sinamak sauce(1 cup vinegar, chillies, 3 cloves crushed garlic, 1 med onions & some ginger)
To make achara: go to my food blog “search” and type achara
As I read the label of a bottle of sweet chili sauce…I notice a recipe of a chicken using this sauce…Out of curiosity, I tried it. And its awesome, Just made a little revisions to make it more flavorful. . .Did you know that chickens are rich source of a variety of essential nutrients and vitamins, which assist in strengthening the immune system of the body. Chicken is also good source of niacin, a B-vitamin that protects the body against cancer. Chicken is also reputed to be one of the safest meats available, as it is least associated with any side-effects of consumption….
Ingredients: (good for 3-4 persons)
- 1 whole chicken approx 1 – 1.3 kilo
- 1 cup of sweet chilli sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of pineapple juice
- In a container, pour all ingredient except chicken and mix well. add in chicken and rub evenly. cover and marinate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven for 5 minutes at 160 degrees celsius. On the same temperature, place chicken (thigh up) and baked for 45 minutes. (brush every 10 minutes with the remaining marinade mix)
- serve hot!!!
Roast chicken with a gravy…So simple, so classic….I believe even the recipe is simple as long as you made it with love, the outcome will be tasty. ..Did you know that roast chicken legs supplies more zinc than other parts of the chicken… Zinc plays a key role in cell growth and division and helps heal our body when we are injured….
Ingredients: (serves 4-6 persons)
- 10 pcs chicken legs
- 8 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 medium onios chopped
- 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice / calamansi
- 1/4 cup sugar
- salt & pepper
- Chillies optional ( we love spicy)
- In a container, mix all ingredients except chicken..mix well.
- place chicken and rubbed evenly..marinate for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees and roast for 45 minutes (turn every 15 minutes and brushed with the remaining marinade mix