Addidas(Adobo paa ng manok)
Addidas……….It is not the brand of shoes as you are thinking right now, its a name of dish we called when we cook chicken feet in our place. This is a popular appetizer back home specially for “gin bulag” or “tropang emperaning” (for Gin and brandy drinker). Usually cooked adobo style with a little spicy. For those who still doesnt know what I mean for “adobo style” – it is Filipinos all time favourite dish maybe made with pork, chicken or some exotic dish like livers, internal organs of pork and etc. Adobo literally is a method of cooking made with garlic, onions, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar. It is a sweet, salty sour dish……………………..Did you know that chicken feet when boiled produces a gelatinous like soup stock. Studies saud that this soup stock is very good source of cartilage-building proteins and amino acids that are body needed. Amino acids helps building muscles and strong bones.
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 kg chicken feet (first layer of skin removed)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 vinegar
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- pepper corn and salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- In a non-stick pan, place oil and saute chicken feet until brown, add vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves, sugar, salt, peppercorn and water.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 20 mins
- When the juice is absorbed add another 1/4 cup of water.
- Cover and let simmer until chicken feet becomes tender. and all the juice is absorbed
- Serve hot and Enjoy!!!!