Pesa (fish stew)
My wife’s favorite cooking method for fish…It’s a fish stew with some vegetables like, tomatoes, ginger, cabbages or bok choy. Simply boil it and that’s it. The proper way of eating this menu is first, get a saucer and place a piece of chilli and fish sauce then smashed the boiled tomatoes. This will serve as your dipping sauce for the fish and vegetables. Everytime my wife cook this, It means, she will have a big DINNER!!!!!……………..Did you know that this fish “Black Snapper” and other fish are good source of Vitamin D, this vitamin is important for metabolizing calcium, which helps maintain bone health.
Ingrdients: good for 2-3 persons
- I whole fish (I use black snapper) seasoned with 1 tbsp salt
- 2 whole tomatoes
- 2 “thumb size like” crushed ginger
- 1 bunch bok choy or cabbage
- 1 medium red onions(quartered)
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 cups water
- Season fish with salt for atleast 3 hours allowing the salt to penetrate ito the fish, set aside
- In a large sauce pan, Boil water and add peppercorns, onions, ginger and fish sauce. then add fish and boil for 10 minutes or until fish is cook, drop in bok choy and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Smash tomaotes in a saucer and add chillies and fish sauce, this will serve as your dipping sauce.