yes, we do have our own spaghetti style…Pinoy spaghetti is more on the sweet side, unlike the real italian bolognese which is more sour….I remember when I was a student, almost everyday this is our brunch alternate with pancit canton-bihon before going to school, My mom usually buy this to carinderia(small cafeteria on side walk/streets) and we share together with my sisters. Just 2 orders of P10.00 each(equivalent to 0.30 cents NZ dollar) enough to feed us all…….Did you know that this pinoy spaghetti’s main ingredients is tomato ketsup, and tomatoes contains lycopene – one of the most powerful antioxidants known – than any other food. As we know, Antioxidants are substances or nutrients in our foods which can prevent or slow the oxidative damage to our body. When our body cells use oxygen, they naturally produce free radicals (by-products) which can cause damage. Antioxidants act as “free radical scavengers” and hence prevent and repair damage done by these free radicals. Health problems such as heart disease, macular degeneration, diabetes, cancer are all contributed by oxidative damage. Antioxidants may also enhance immune defense and therefore lower the risk of cancer and infection.
Ingredients: Good for 6-8 persons
- 500 gm spaghetti noodles
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 medium onions chopped
- 1 small chopped carrots
- 300 gms beef mince
- 100 gms chicken liver
- 10 pcs cocktail hotdog sliced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup tomato ketsup
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp cornstarch dissolve in 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp achuete powder
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- Boil spaghetti noodles with water and little oil and salt for 10 minutes or until cooked. set aside
- In a large sauce pan. heat oil and saute garlic and onion, add in beef and stir fry until brown, pour in chicken liver, hotdogs and seasoned with salt and pepper. add in carrots, tomato sauce, ketsup, sugar and achuete powder and simmer for about 5 minutes. add in cornstarch mix with water and boil for 5 minutes. adjust your taste by adding fish sauce.
- You can pour the noodles on the spaghetti sauce or you can serve it separate.
- top with grated cheese upon serving