Spicy Pork with Vegetables (5 dollar meal challenge)
Spicy………..I think I am immune to spicy dishes now. Since I read an article on a book “the more spicy, the more healthy”. I almost cook every dish a bit spicy. Believe it or not, this dish is part of our 5 dollar meal challenge. I will start some calculations for you, 250 grams of pork here in NZ will cost you about $1.50 (6 dollar per kilo of pork if in special prize) and pork liver is maybe 30 cents for 100gms(3.00 dollar per kilo) and all of the ingredients below will cost you below 3 dollars. So in total: It’s a dollar meal for 3-4 persons. (now I am sharing you some food costing, watch out for more)…………………..Did you know that mix vegetables such as carrots, corn and peas contains a very complete nutrition to provide our body the essential enzymes, vitamins and minerals. And did you know that carrots can boost your sexual dysfunction? It is believed to improve impotence (lower sexual drive) and even help improve night blindness, long-term cough (or call hundred days cough in Chinese medical prescription) besides strengthening kidney and eliminating excessive wind and cold in our body
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 250 grams pork cut in strips
- 100 grams pork liver
- 1 cup mixed vegetables(corn, carrots, peas)
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 small white onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp siracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp corn flour dissolve in 3/4 cup water
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger. saute well then add in pork and liver and let it brown(saute approx 5-8 minutes). then season with siracha and light soy sauce.
- then add in mixed vegetables and simmer for another 2 minutes. adjust taste by adding salt & pepper
- Serve hot!!!
Posted on June 25, 2012, in Appetizers, Mains, Pork, Vegetable dishes and tagged pork with vegetables, spicy pork, Spicy pork with vegetables. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment