Pares……….From the famous beef pares with fried rice. I come up with an idea cooking it to chicken. Well chicken is one of my favorite meat. Almost all the ingredients are the same with my beef pares. Once this meal is cooked, if you love the asian dish smell, definitely after reading this post, you will try to cook this recipe. I love it!!!!
Ingredients: good for 10 persons
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 kl chicken cut in portion size
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large onions sliced
- 4 cups water
- 5 pcs star anise
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp peppercorn
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 stalk celery (for boiling) don’t cut
- 2 thumb size ginger crushed.
- onion leeks for toppings
- 1 tbsp toasted garlic
- fish sauce for adjusting taste
- In a large pan, boil chicken with water, star anise, dark soy sauce, 1 whole stalk celery, vinegar, brown sugar and salt and pepper. boil for 15 minutes or until tender.
- In a sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger. add in hoisin sauce then pour on the chicken mixture. Boil chicken until tender or sauce is reduce. you can adjust your taste by adding fish sauce
- Serve with garlic rice.
Posted on September 28, 2012, in breakffast dishes, Chicken, Mains and tagged Chicken Pares, Chicken pares recipe, Pares recipe. Chicken recipe. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
Nice 🙂 is there an alternative for hoisin sauce?
You can also use red beancurd. Or just dark soy sauce will do. Thanks
Bro bago to a, nde pa ko nakakatikim ng chicken pares