Arrozcaldo (congee with chicken)
Arrozcaldo…its a type of congee, it can be eaten alone or you can add variety of meats like chicken, tripe or even fish. It is also best with a fried tofu & pork on the side..wheew!!! It is often considered particularly suitable for the sick as a mild, easily digestible food(When we are sick, we usually have this meal))…Did you know that Rice is a great source of complex carbohydrates which give us the energy we need. It provides 20 percent of the world’s dietary energy supply. ..
ingredients (serves 4-6 persons)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 50 gms ginger sliced
- 6 pcs chicken wings
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 /2 cup glutenous rice
- 1 liter of water
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp kasugba
- slices of onion leeks (for toppings)
- 6 cloves crushed toasted garlic
- In a large sauce pan, boil white & glutenous rice in one liter of water until cooked. approx 30 minutes.
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, ginger & onion.
- Add in chicken and saute for about 3-5 minutes then seasoned salt & pepper.
- Pour saute chicken into the sauce pan of boiling rice. add in kasugba, and seasoned with fish sauce.
- Adjust your desired thickness by adding water.
- Serve hot in a bowl and garnish with toasted garlic & onion leeks