Omelette – Ham, Cheese & Onions
Omelette…An all day breakfast dish that is so popular in our cafe…specially this ham, cheese and Onions. Its a simple dish that everyone can cook and enjoy…best serve with salad greens or just a toast of bread….Did you know that eggs are a good source of choline. One egg yolk has about 300 micrograms of choline. Choline is an important nutrient that helps regulate the brain, nervous system, and cardiovascular system….Eggs may prevent breast cancer. In one study, women who consumed at least 6 eggs per week lowered their risk of breast cancer by 44%…
Ingredients (good for sharing)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onions
- 3 pcs of eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup cheese
- 2 pcs of ham
- salt & pepper
- chopped parsley
- In a small pan, heat oil and saute onions. let it caramelize for 2-3 minutes in low heat settings. then add in sugar for quick caramelization… add in ham, salt & pepper & parsley. set aside.
- in a mixing bowl, beat egg & cream & pinch of salt. beat well.
- In a teflon pan. add a little oil the pour over beated egg mixtures. form a pancake look a like. dont over cook the egg.
- add in your ham & onions mixtures on top, pour over cheese then bake it to 180 degrees for just a minute or less. when your omelet is fluffy but still juicy, remove from oven. and serve hot!!
- Enjoy!! best paired with salad greens or a garlic bread.