Have you tried Exotic “internal” ingredients on your meal?….This dish is made from pork hearts, kidney, lungs and liver. Dare to try it? Originally, the recipe also comes with pork blood, but since I could not find any pork blood here in NZ, I just leave the blood. Batchoy is a noodle soup made with pork organs and some vegetables. Originated in Philippines specifically in southern island………….Did you know that those internal organs I mentioned such as pork liver are good source of vitamin A. The vitamin A found in liver is beneficial to you in a number of ways. It contributes to healthy fertility and proper embryo development. It also helps children to avoid developing asthma, prevents kidney stones, regulates blood sugar and fats. Additionally, the vitamin A found in liver can protect you from some environmental toxins and helps to promote proper development during puberty. The vitamin A and arachidonic acid in liver can improve the health and appearance of your hair and skin. ……
Ingredients: serves 10-12 persons
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 large chopped onions
- 2 thumb size ginger thinly sliced
- 100 gms pork liver
- 100 gms pork lungs
- 100 grams pork hearts
- 100 grams pork kidney
- 200 grams misua (chinese vermicelli noodles)
- 2 litres water and 1 litre water for boiling
- 1 bunch of spinach (sliced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- In a medium pan, place 1 litre water and boil pork hearts, liver and lungs for 10 minutes. drain and cut into small dice. set aside
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion, ginger and drained pork hearts, liver and lungs. Saute until golden brown then seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Add in 2 litres of water and boil for 5 minutes. Add in spinach and vermicelli noodles then adjust your taste by adding fish sauce.
- Serve hot!!
I entered this recipe in the January Blog Hop Giveaway at Fave Diets, if you like it please vote for it in http://www.favedietsblog.com/january-blog-hop-and-giveaway-favorite-winter-soup-recipes/