Kid’s Crispy Wonton
Fried Wontons……………..This is one of my daughter’s favourite starter, as this is free everytime we buy in a famous takeaway shop here in NZ. So we decided to include this on her birthday menu as she loves anything fried and crispy(ooopps, I better watch out the fat/oil contents). Last post, I feature a very healthy vegetable sticks, this time I will be featuring “a not so healthy” option on your party menu. Sorry, it is fried so just take care of the fat and oil contents. (You need to drain it properly)…. But believe me, this is really awesome dude! Are you ready? Here we go………….
Ingredients: makes 60-80 pcs of fried wontons depending on the size
- 350 gms pork minced
- 100 gms small diced and peeled shrimps
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 medium minced onions
- 1 tsp seasoning soy sauce
- 2 pcs beaten egg
- 1/2 salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together except shrimp , mix well.
- Form a circle size approx a teaspoon of mixture and wrap over siomai wrapper. makes approx 80 pcs or even more depending on your size. smaller the better as the wonton might open when you fry.
- Heat oil and fry until golden brown. serve with sweet chilli sauce
Posted on April 5, 2013, in Appetizers, Egg dishes, Pork, Snacks and tagged crispy pork wonton, crispy wonton, fried wonton, Kids wonton, pork and shrimp wonton, pork wonton, Siomai. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.